· The diamond firm Debswana has announced the discovery in Botswana of a 1,098carat stone that it described as the third largest of its kind in the world.
· The Gunniess World Records 2008 even lists Rainbow Bridge as the highest natural arch in the world, which is incorrect. The Rainbow Bridge spans 275 feet and has a height of 246 feet. There are a fair number of natural arches that exceed Rainbow Bridge both in height and length, topped by Tushuk Tash with a height of 1200 feet.
· Thus, when a bigger stone is up, the price value goes up exponentially. For example, they can cost 15,000 for a single carat, but up to 70,000 per carat if it's a larger stone. The Smithsonian Institute owns what is believed to be the largest faceted Alexandrite in the world, a cushioncut stone weighing carats valued at over 4 million.
The seven largest cemeteries in the world are worth a visit – even if it is a virtual one! They come in all varieties from those that are packedtight with crowded tombstones to others with parklike settings or those that seem to be outdoor art museums. Explore them with BillonGraves, the world's largest GPSlinked cemetery resource.
· Today, it's one of the largest pyramids in the modern world. The Luxor takes its name from the ancient Egyptian city of Thebes. It boasts 4,400 guestrooms, a huge casino, eight restaurants, and four outdoor pools. It also has the world's largest atrium. Moreover, the hotel features the world's strongest light beam: the Luxor Sky Beam.
· Cullinan I alone is estimated to be 530 carats and worth a staggering £ million. Following King Edward's death in 1910, King George V had the largest stone, Cullinan I, set into the ...
· It is the largest monolith in the world. The worldrenowned sandstone formation stands 348 meter (1,142 foot) high and measures km ( miles) in circumference. The rock undergoes dramatic color changes with its normally terracotta hue gradually changing to blue or violet at sunset to flaming red in the mornings as the sunrises behind it.
· Prague Castle is one of the largest castles in the world (the largest according to the Guinness Book of Records). The castle dates back to the 9th century and was expanded several times until second half of the 18th century. The castle itself houses a complex of sights including the St. Vitus Cathedral and the St. George's Basilica. 2.
· Top 10 Largest Cemeteries in the World. 10. Crown Hill Cemetery. Crown Hill Cemetery is loed in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, US. The privately owned cemetery was established in 1863. Crown Hill contains over 200,000 graves and covers 555 acres. 9. Zentralfriedhof.
The world's second largest walls are a dramatic set of walls, with the Roman touch almost intact 9 Sacsayhuaman Sacsayhuaman is loed in the northern outskirts of Cusco, Peru, which was once the capital of the Inca Empire The UNESCO World Heritage site is a walled complex, built of large polished stone
· This cutting, however, does not diminish the value, as all of the stones are valued at millions of dollars together. "Star of Africa I," or "Cullinan I," is the largest stone to come of the original Cullinan diamond. Estimated at 530 carats, the diamond is the largest cut colorless diamond in the world.
· 3. Borobudur. Loed on the Indonesian island of Java, 40 km (25 miles) northwest of Yogyakarta, the Borobudur is the largest Buddhist temple in the world. The temple was built over a period of some 75 years in the 8th and 9th centuries by the kingdom of Sailendra, out of an estimated 2 million blocks of stone.
· The carat gem, which is believed to be the world's largest sapphire cluster, was discovered behind the home of a thirdgeneration gem trader in Ratnapura, the BBC reported.
· These addendums make the property the second largest in the world in area at over million square feet. It's one of the most visited spots on the planet, hosting 54 million people on average per year since it opened. Dubai is one of the richest cities in the world .
Today, the diamond consists of nine large stones and ninetysix smaller stones; two of the largest stones forming part of the Crown Jewels. But, believe it or not, the diamond is only one of the largest diamonds ever to be found in the world. Here's a list of the eight largest .
· These large ranches around the world are big business, there's no doubt about that. However, it's inspiring to think that some of the biggest landowners buy up land in order to preserve it. This is a nice step towards making sure we always have those wideopen spaces we love so much.